07 January 2006

DONE! (Well, Sort of Kind of Not At All)

at 05:05, TWO hours before the kickoff, I got the new aragonrobotics.org website up. Granted, less than half of the supposed content is there, but I've transferred most of the old stuff to the new layout.

The fixed position (the frame-like thing) title bar was hell to go through as well as the pop-up bar (stupid IE problems), not to mention the x number of times I had to paste new code in each page because I've add/changed a few things on the menu, layout, or whatnot. Hey, it WORKS, and I know what's wrong with my pop-up on your right now =D (don't intend to fix it though; I'd rather use that time to continue the new layout for this blog =3)

Gyaa—still so much to go~ I didn't do the semi-transparent thing with the moving gear background at all (though I'd really like to) because, again, IE is stupid and can't support semi-transparent .png (it won't let me dangle transparent things either, thus the weirdness on aragonrobotics.org in IE) so I need hacks and stuff that I don't understand...and I have NO CLUE how to start making the moving gear since I've never tried making a moving .gif before...AND there's still much to set up content-wise...Oooh, the pain of adding anchors to each section and each page too...well, time to make use of my minions =)

Gotta remember to put page specs later when I come back...should start washing up (again; I just did that 3 hours ago, haha), dressing up, and checking on my tools of the trade because I'll be going to the kickoff!

1 comment:

  1. Insufficient use of frames.

    History is not there, and it's a bit misleading to use that word in one place and legacy somewhere else, especially since what I think you're planning to put under "history" was called "legacy" on the previous website.

    The Gallery should just point to our huge collection of pictures at art.cim3.org; we'd been planning to do that for the longest time...

    The resources page shouldn't use periods between link and description. Also, the link to the school webpage is broken (copying verbatim from old website is bad).

    And "coming," not "comming." You did that in a lot of places.

    The new website does look a lot better, hopefully it will be updated more frequently, and you will remember who is supposed to visit it.

    ReplyDelete