27 March 2006

Yearbook Pukes.

Honestly. Don't say I can do whatever and then tell me "we don't do your yearbooks this way" and only give me a vague "we don't want collages" when I ask, not for the first time, a sample page.

I understand that the second page looks incredibly cramped, but a sample page really wouldn't work. It's not as if I'll go blathering out to everybody how one of their pages will look. Oh yes. That would completely ruin the suprise, wouldn't it.

Hello? You're OUTSOURCING the page! If you want the Robotics page to be SOMEWHAT similar to your OTHER pages, either tell me the DETAILS and RESTRICTIONS or give me a TEMPLATE to work off of!

Psh. It's not as if their YB staff page is all that impressive.

Since I'm already on a YB bash...the YB people eat the food and dirty the couch newspaper people pay for. It's rather sad that YB & news can't coexist, but I guess the two groups are just different fundamentally. It doesn't seem to be as bad as 3 years ago, as I've heard, but still, as much as I didn't start with a dislike towards YB...the feeling is beginning to bubble up. A bit irratating.

1 comment:

  1. I also wondered why there weren't more of the same people on both. Then people I knew started joining newspaper, and I found out. It probably doesn't help that Bravo runs (ran?) yearbook.
    Expecting you to adhere to a certain set of guidelines without telling you anything about what they are does sound unreasonable, but they probably didn't have enough done to provide a decent sample page and were probably still at the point where they were worrying about content, not format. And to make the rest of the yearbook into the style you give them (which probably wouldn't be such a bad idea) rankles a little too much. Especially for yearbook people.

    ReplyDelete