21 June 2010

Went to see Delicate Arch! Went 1.5mi uphill with an elevation change of 480ft--body will give me hell tonight, but so worth it. Would have loved to see sunset there too...maybe next time. I've got salt crystals on me from my cooling system, lol. Probably the only place with enough time because there are plenty of others with worse physiques. Most of the kids went up first (I was leading most of the time, Haha), and dad's in worse shape than he thought--was even making 'evaluations' of others' abilities before the trek uphill. Apparently, someone thought I just graduated from high school. Good to know that I look somewhere between 16 to 18 to others. Or maybe I just act too juvenille to be college graduate. It's nice. Hope it keeps up forever. The area around the arches is freeing, beautiful, grandiose, hella windy, and so alive. Unlike earlier, at Park Avenue, where we got only 20minutes and definately not enough time to satisfy my deep compulsion to wall down the trail, down through the valley, and between the gates. The Chinese buffet for dinner today wasn't half bad. Better than anything expected in Utah. Delicious watermelon and beef belly/daikon potroast. Also, it's been too long since we got proper amount of vegetables.

Waking at 04:00 tomorrow to see sunrise over another arch. Wish me luck. Really can't sleep late tonight. Ooh, the motel says they have got breakfast. Does it mean they will have SAUSAGES tomorrow?!

No comments:

Post a Comment