06 November 2007

Scientific Illustration

The BIS1b TA, Fran, said something about UCSC having a masters program on scientific illustration, how she has some contacts for people who are interested in trying, and something about how they are short on people in this field. Then she sent us all links to that program. I knew it's out of my league (I FAIL in detail work), but hey, why not see what it's about?

And the first thought upon seeing the website is: "holy crap, I can't do that. Ever."
Admission Requirements
Admission to the program is limited to 15 students and is by application only. The application deadline for Fall 2008 is March 15. Applicants must have at least a bachelor's degree, preferably in a science, and must be able to demonstrate a strong background in representational drawing, as well as a developed sense of aesthetics. Other degrees are eligible if the portfolio exhibits keen observational skills and if the applicant can demonstrate a strong interest in and understanding of science.
LoL, seriously, who am I kidding. No way I can reach an acceptable level in two years, haha. And I haven't even taken initiatives in trying to get into a research lab. ¬_¬;;;;

Damn that sudden urge to do life drawings. Now. Immediately. (who cares about physics, anyhow?)

(BTW, what I'm listening to is the coolest remix of FFVII's Cosmos Canyon. Voices from the Lifestream is a really well done Compilation of Final Fantasy VII fan remix album)

No comments:

Post a Comment