13 April 2006

Dresses, Skirts, and Other Things That Relate to That Annoying Event Called Prom

I regret agreeing to going to Prom with Jiro. No, Jiro's not the problem. It wasn't even he who asked!

No, having a date is the problem.

Not only must I hunt for a dress (early, so he'll know color/style/blah blah blah), I must wear a dress because something different (i.e. 2 pieces, suit, dress shirt, etc etc) would be a little strange. Actually, only the suit would be weird. I would've managed separate top & bottom. Wearing formal pants with a dress shirt top would've been great. Now I'm bound to the norm. (sigh)

But I digress.

So now, after a whole day for rummaging TJMax, Ross, Marshalls, Nicole's, and practially all stores in Tanforan (located in San Bruno), I will look like a champagne-colored fish at Prom. Okay. Maybe that's exaggerating a bit, but that's really the best way to describe my dress. Not in a bad way, of course, seeing that Amy & I have been fish-themed all year. I don't really like it, but it's the best thing on me thus far.

This dress-shopping does bad things to my self-image, self-confidence, and other self-things that I might've lowered.

The good thing, though, is that I found a super-cute, camouflage/lace long skirt and a black lace shirt (not unlike the one Kat bought on Sat). I want to wear it sooooon~ X3 Haha, I think that trip on Saturday corrupted me into more of a girl.

Shopping with Mother is getting a bit tiresome. She was thinking about putting me in some old/happy nice girl/her generation things on me. Casualwear with her is fine, but there were some grating between us today. (Then there's the issue with jeans...trying to find NOT somewhat well-worn looking ones...(sigh))

Tired. Not used to using so much energy after getting 10+ hours of sleep every day since beginning of spring break. Should really pay Amy a visit because I need to.


■  Gorgeous (inexpensive option not available) jackets and things!

■  I love floofy


Yay! Neither Jiro nor I know about events surrounding Prom!

And I just realized I really can't shouldn't get more girly than this: I spent the whole post, after months of not really posting, talking about clothes. Oh dear.

4 comments:

  1. I should check your blog more often, I guess. Sometimes you don't write for some time, and then I don't check for a while, and I come back and you've got all these entries, LoL. Oy.

    Goshdarnit, Bernice! Why did I have to click on the links?! LoL Pretty, pretty clothings. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are of primary importance. Then there's dinner, and showing off, and socialzing. Supposedly, nobody actually dances anymore these days.
    Going with something nontraditional is a bad idea. You're better off not going like my friends and I did, if you feel like making such a statement.

    Happy nice girl? But that's EXACTLY what you are, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, and Yip told me it's tonight, so anything I say probably comes far too late. Oh well, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous28.4.06

    argh the jealousy....

    ReplyDelete