04 October 2005

Curiosity About Sleep and Headaches

My frontal lobe is either on overdrive or is dying. Or maybe it's just my retinas slowly working itself to their death. Either way, pain clouds my forehead.

It's really funny how I felt perfectly fine for almost a whole day (and was even chirpy) with 1.5 hours of sleep and is having a headache with 6.5 hours the day after.

Maybe displeasure regarding the AP Gov case presentation today (or rather, the disappointingly last minute preparation work and responsibility pushing done for it) have something to do with it. Hmm.

1 comment:

  1. If lack of sleep affected a person the day following the sleepless night, nobody would stay up all night studing for exams. Yet they do. It works because short-term sleep deprivation only affects you the day after. If you think about it from an evolutionary perspective, it makes sense. And I've done this 3 times so far in the last 2 months (not for studying, of course), so I can assure you it's true. Headaches aren't a common symptom, though. (Not for me, at least). That might be something else. From what I hear, likely causes include too much stress and too much ice cream.

    AP Gov presentations were not awfully productive. Perhaps because my class was too large (34 people).

    ReplyDelete