20 October 2006

Bernice Is Emo Today.

Garris: (points to the black boots I was wearing) Emo shoes.
I: They're old and tattered.
Garris: That's what makes it emo.
I: (pulls pant legs up a bit) They're actually boots...that just makes them more emo, doesn't it?
Garris: yeah.
I: I'm wearing all black today too...
Garris: an with those wrist warmers...you're really not doing any good, you know.
I: haha.
(a bit later)
Garris: Let's see what emo Bernice is listening to. (takes iPod)
I: (gives an earplug)
Garris: "Half pain"? You're really emo today. (makes slicing motions) Soon you'll be slicing your wrist.
I: (laughing )yeah. (makes up-down slicing motions) Oops, I'll die that way. (slices across) That's better.


But I'm not as I appear today. Calc midterm was fine; didn't get to figure out the extra credit, but the exam was rather easy. Didn't even have epsilon/n proofs. We had a guest speaker—chair of Department of Food Sciences—who lectured on beer today. English (British) and very funny. Goes through information really quickly, but most are on slides anyway. Had much fun. Overall, not an emo day.

__________________

15:41 edit: ARGH. Went to get discounted watercolor pens at the blowout sale thing and the person at the register is INCOMPETENT! I bought a few of those brush/pen things, found ones with better tips, asked if I can just change the product, and she told me to buy these and return the ones I bought earlier. Went to the returns place, the girl there (who's probably new) had to get approval from the art department because some people return used supplies. The art department wouldn't pick up (because they're remodeling, as the person from the art department said later). Called a bunch more people and finally got someone to come. That person didn't recognize the pens, so she ran around trying to figure out if those are returnable. After at least half an hour since I asked for an exchange, I finally could to the cash register to get my money back.

The only good thing that came out of this whole thing is getting more money back than I paid. When the returns girl scanned the products in, they showed the list price but not the extra 50% off, so I got $10 back when I only paid $5 for them. At least it's compensation?

The person at the blowout sale thought she was completely blameless, too, which is the thing that made me most irritated. But if she were competent, she wouldn't be working here rather than in internships or something, right?

When Amy bought hers, one of the pens only got a $.50 (rather than 50%) discount, so that took a while to go through the same process too. At least the returns girl knew what to do then. =/

2 comments:

  1. You get extra credit?!
    (One "t" in "British")

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. Yay.
    Thanks, fixed.

    ReplyDelete