30 October 2006

Friday.

XD

Got to the shuttle station at 14:00. People started forming two lines, which confused me. So I got in a random one and asked the guy in front of me which one's the reserved one, if that's the reason for two lines. I was in the right line. Bus didn't come until 20 after and didn't depart until 14:30.

Matt was in the reserved line and sat in the sit in front of me. We ended up talking most of the way. Meh, crazy pre-med who disturbs people three floors down playing Donkey Kong Bongo or something.

At the beginning and towards the end of the ride the driver spoke about bus safety, registration procedures, and where stuff like the Bart station is.

The bus actually arrived in Berkeley on time (15:45). I figured the bus would be late and told Larry the bus would get there around 4...he figured that it'd arrive late...and brought a newpaper and a box of pakoras. (had to look through the chat logs for that) They were pretty good, but a little too dry for me.

So for an hour I dragged my chem book all around Berkeley campus, with Larry pointing out various buildings that I've gotten about by now. It's a lot of uphill walking and sun in my eyes, but the buildings are pretty. The green copper roofs are done intentionally, Larry. Learned what dryads are, and saw a tree that seem like it shouldn't be living but is. (maybe pictures later...?) Got a map of the campus, but didn't use look at it at all.

At five we waited in front of the clock tower (what was it called again) and...nobody came for 20 minutes or so. Called Elton and Mayo's cell, with no response. It turns out that Elton's lab ran late and Asaf (whose # I did not have) thought we were waiting at Smart Alec's because there aren't any food places where the clock tower is. In the meantime Larry finished all his pakoras though he said he wouldn't be able to eat dinner if he ate all of them.

Met up with Asaf at the fountain in the square (whatever it's called) and called Mayo when we were at the edge of the campus. He was playing tennis and wanted a shower before meeting us, but yes, he'll join us for dinner. Walked back to the fountain to wait for him.

Didn't take long for him to get there. Then dinner. I must thank Elton & Larry for accommodating my vegetarian-ness. Had a avocado burger with a veggie patty. Which tasted kind of strange...not in bad way, but not in a good way either. It tasted a bit like wheat. Now that I think about it, Byakko's dry food tasted strongly of wheat...

Then we went to this frozen yogurt place. Got strawberry and..."happy nuts" (why can't I remember what it's called in English?!), which tasted strange. In the bad way. Asaf offered to trade for his chocolate and caramel, but there's no need to make him eat it, really.

Couldn't decide where to go next and Elton tried to make Larry decide (something along the lines of "the person who's oldest and has been here the longest should decide")...Ended up in the lounge of Mayo's building (Ida?) and Mayo played ping-pong with Elton then Asaf. I can't play ping-pong so Elton got the pool stuff and that's what we did for a couple of hours. I've only played once before, but he kept getting the cue ball in, too, so I won the three games =\ Power (Elton) vs Accuracy (Me). Mayo disappeared sometime while I was concentrating on knocking balls into the pockets and Asaf went to attend a religious meeting or something though he says he's not religious. Eh, a little fuzzy on the details of that. Larry just sat on the sofa. We tried to get him to play, but he wouldn't. Meh.

Elton and I tried to play Foosball with the cue ball. Didn't really work since it's too big to be able to score, and food got on the cue ball. LoL.

Watched Battlestar Galactica for about 5 minutes, after which Elton began playing the piano and I distracted Larry from his TV-watching.

Parentals called some time after 8 to see where in the world I was. I forgot to call them and they weren't very happy. So. Didn't leave the lounge until nine, at least, and just missed the Bart. Asaf, Elton, and Larry stayed behind the gates on the upper level while Mayo & I were half way down the stairs. We weren't included in their conversation =\

As it was Halloween weekend, we saw some interesting people, including a red and black Lolita Goth with a royal blue viking, a floppy-eared dog seems rather warm under all that fur, pirates, and some characters that I couldn't identify. On the bart we saw a guy with red spandex, yellow underwear (on top, of course), and antennas with a gold ball attached on each end. Couldn't get a picture of him because his newspaper was in the way, though.

We ruined our eardrums by listening to music on the Bart and spend our time playing spider solitaire and minesweeper. Parentals came to pick us up at Millbrae and took Mayo home. I didn't arrive home until 23:45. Father was watching the new The Return of the Condor Heroes, so I think that's what we were watching before I went to sleep at 2:30.

Um. Third aunt and cousin Rita came from Seattle the next day, and we met at Grandmother's grave with Father's brother and his family. Alice didn't talk to me at all, but went straight to Rita when she came. I'm a little sad. Maybe she hates me. Maybe I should've gone over there and talked to them. I feel kinda useless and stupid.

Hmm yeah. This is actually typed a week after all that happened because I didn't feel like recalling everything in detail just yet. Now I'm in the computer lab, being bored.

2 comments:

  1. You eat your cat's dry food very often? o_O

    They're called pistachios. And they taste bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but I tried it a couple of times to see why he doesn't like it.

    Ah, pistachios. No they don't taste bad.

    ReplyDelete