21 November 2004

NARUTO Episode 109

Now that I've got the comments out of my way, I can rant to my hearts desire! (It's not like anything was holding you back, stupid.) So anyway, here I shiver as I sit in the cold at this unholy hour of after 01:00, killing my kidneys and liver and braincells, not caring about the mountain of homework I have to do tomorrow.

A very SasuSaku episode indeed, but I'm not really complaining. This part of the series is meant for understanding and realizing the love that Sakura has is much deeper than the crush that Naruto has over her. There are some flashback scenes not present in the manga, which I thought were very nice and cute. Sakura got a bit self-centric towards the end of her dialogue, but that's Kishimoto's fault. I personally think Sakura would be more persuasive if she mentioned Naruto (!!) and Kakashi also, since I don't believe Sasuke saw Sakura as any more than a close teammate. This contrasts sharply with the later Sakura, ne.

Sasuke was paid a lot of attention in this episode—and rightfully so because he's a bishie. It can be seen by the quality he's drawn in, in oppose to Naruto, who's a relatively minor character in this episode. As I've said to Csrjjsmp, they're 12/13, and what both Naruto and Sasuke went and is going through is nothing they deserve. They both really have the right to bitch. I agree that Sasuke is morally twisted, as a result of the massacre, his brother's last words to him, and the lack of other influences during his up-bringing, therefore justifying the reason of his betrayal. Nonetheless I screamed in my head [because I would disturb the house at this ungodly hour and thus be discovered to still be up at 01:00] and watched the episode clutching the sheets I will change when I decide to sleep and almost cried. I will definately steal a quote from this episode's Sasuke to be placed at the end of this entry...just sometime later o__O;; Of course, I was, unsuprisingly, awed by Sasuke's acrobat skills. Although the moves were seen before, I still think they're chou-kakkoi*!! I love how they drew Sasuke too...heheheee, especially the rush of emotions that Sasuke was unable to retain in this episode (hearts) (sigh) It's just as heartbroken as it was when I read the manga to see Sasuke flipping the framed picture down...as if he tried convincing himself that leaving is his goal and reason for existance...

Erm, I think my Sasu-fangirl side is overflowing a bit...thus, as a change of pace:
The trust that Naruto had in Sasuke was really pure. It wasn't to make Sakura feel better. In fact, Naruto acknowledges Sasuke's physical strength, yet overestimated Sasuke's mental strength—the kind of strength Naruto's character posess. This will really be reflected later, as Naruto was betrayed...his closest friend and rival...(loss of words) .____.

Overall reaction of this episode: (wai~kakkoi Sasuke!)(guuu)(cries)(=\)(kakkoi Sasuke...) <--(what the heck?!)

Needless to say, I'm quite please with this episode...I'm so overwhelmed with thoughts and emotions that I can't even express them ^^ (geez, you don't get emotional in real life but cry over shounen manga?) <-- this will be connected to Kishimoto-sensei worshipping I'll be doing in the next entry...or the entry after...or even after that...but definately WILL be doing. I love Kishimoto-sensei. Really. o__O;;

This is quite biased towards SasuNaru fans, if it wasn't clear before, LoL.

I have much more to rant about, and topics are even written down so I don't forget...but my fingers are frozen on top of the keyboard and under the slightly open window, and while I'm not that tired, I need the energy to wake up early to do homework tomorrow. (yay! Your conscience is back!) Whoa. it's 02:54, a parent of mine just went to the bathroom, but didn't tell me to sleep...oh never mind.



Quote later, definately.

*Chou-kakkoi: composed of chou, meaning 'super', and kakkoi, meaning 'cool'.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I thought the whole scene with Sakura catching Sasuke jsut before he leaves and all the pleading and crying and everything was really overdone.
    And Naruto was just acting weird. Maybe they expect the viewers forgot what happened last episdoe and the one before just because it was a while ago.

    ReplyDelete