03 September 2004

2nd Week Accomplished.

Um. There goes the second week, and finally a long weekend. Nevermind my hope to get less homework—it will not be happening anytime soon. As much as I blog, I find explaining things difficult; I tear between keeping myself clear and 'sound' sophisticated.

Looking back at my last post, I couldn't believe how much grammatical errors I had. Although it was five or six in the morning and I was hysterical, it only makes me fear more for my A.I. essay.

Hm. IE has been acting strangely lately. Maybe it's just my cluttered hard drives. Must remind myself to burn off old anime episodes.

O______O;; Yumeo knows Japanese, English, and Chinese. [Found out from 'eavesdropping' Jon Y & Yumeo K's conversation. Damn he's smart. -_-;;;;

The first conversation that Sasuke & Naruto had in 229: サ:「お前は一体...何なんだ...?」ナ:「友達だ」('That thing in you...what is it?' 'A friend.') Naruto expressed his one word with so much bitterness that I could practically hear it. I was compelled to use it as a quote, but finally decided that it's not powerful enough by itself. For once, I have an excess of quotes I'd like to present, one of which a Word of the Day from dictionary.com. But back to 229, I think any fangirl could've picked up the the fan service Kishimoto-sensei provided. Either I am too much of a glomping, analyzing fangirl or it's that obvious. Many would probably say the former though o___O;; And Kishimoto-sensei is getting better and better at cliffhangers with a striking quote. I really liked how he drew the scene of Sasuke's recognition of Naruto...from right after Naruto slams Sasuke into the rock statue until Sasuke puts his hitai-a*.

Ah, another episode of time-filling episode. It's quite nice to see the development of Lee's and Tsunade-hime's decision for the surgery, as well as giving a break from all the Naruto-ness. I understand that some would like to see all out fights throughout the whole anime, but I must say that these breaks give NARUTO meat to the characters and plot. Without it, NARUTO would just turn into another DragonBall Z. This also applies to flashbacks in the last few [5-10?] chapters of NARUTO. All the talking gives personality, thought, and depth to the cast, which is somewhat rare in all of the manga I've read. It's easy enough to argue that the anime stall is to compliment the movie premire/showing, and I wouldn't argue against that, but these recent episodes are not thoughtless—they actually adds character and fills in plot holes that the manga had. [hey, they provided updated stats in contrast to when the Character Data book, Hiten-Rin no Sho, had...oh wait, nevermind. Whoa, team 7 is the worst rookie team on record—10 has done 2 C-class and 8 has done 3 C-class. Anyways, I deviate ><;;]

Whee—look! It's an analysis! (points up)



「来〔こ〕い、ナルト...だったら、その繋〔つな〕がりを、オレは断〔た〕ち切〔き〕るまでだ!」
'Come, Naruto...Until I break that bond, if that is the case!' - Sasuke : NARUTO ch 229 Um, I had to do a little rewording, but my translation this time should be quite accurate, though there were some things, like dattara, I didn't know ^^ And I translated it all by me-self! I practically looked up all of the words, but it's for the sake of accuracy, really.

Larry: Um. Thank you. Though your encouragements, i.e. 'i failed my summer reading and still got an A', wasn't exactly comforting because I'm nowhere as intelligent as you are, thank you for commenting; you probably can't begin to understand how much better comments make my day. Whether you are too bored or what other reasons you have for commenting, I still immensely appriciate it. Um, I'm actually in the process of finding a suitable free server, as well as a layout to go with the gallery, but such work requiers time, which is something I lack this moment. Perhaps I'll get to it around winter break...or better yet, this weekend, after I tirelessly finish my homework by tomorrow! [Oooh, talking big there]

*hitai-a: forehead protector.

No comments:

Post a Comment