29 March 2005

FIRST robotics competition SVR.

First day undefeated 8 matches, second day lost all 4 matches. Dropped from Rank one to rank 6. We had awesome alliances though. Both harker and Apes of Wrath can knock off tetras on the side (not 100%, but still nice), and the strategy was great: they battle for the center row while we finish off capping our end then go attack their side. Brilliant.

That was the elimination rounds.

On the first day there were 3 close matches...a 23-24, and two in which we were sure we lost...but not. Our first or second match of the whole competition was allied with the CheesyPoofs...we pwn (pawned, LoL) the game. But then again, it could've been done with other good bots.

I got 3 hrs of sleep working on the BS crap of an essay before the friday competition and 2 hours the night after for working on the buttons. Didn't eat lunch on both days—Friday because I didn't have enough money (though I wasn't hungry and Ms. Ward brought me a JambaJuice anyways...I gotta pay her back) and Saturday because I slapped on a "Out of Order" sign on the goggles I was wearing and took a nap (Inspired by Yang's out of order sign he taped on our robot).

It was loads of fun.

Buttons: I have finished all...save for Yip's. I don't know what to do with his blurry hands and invisible screwdrivers. I can draw the missing parts in, but it's too much work. I don't even have enough to make his...on the account of a miscaculation on my part. I have composed a poster of all the 840 buttons (specified because I made one for Erica Mckay of Gunn Robotics...of what used to be). I plann to ask the members to give me their signatures and put it on the poster ^^ Now I just have to find a large printer with good quality...

1 comment:

  1. Lol, if you'd told me I could have used my volunteer connections to get you some free food.
    Isn't it a bit late for buttons though...

    ReplyDelete