04 March 2005

I Am a Dot!

We played "He's a Dot"' game in History, and it's immensely entertaining. Basically we were given an identity—a Dot or not a Dot, and to win, the dots have to be the only Dot person in the group and the others must form a group with the most non-dots. But you don't want others to find you as a dot. If you're convinced that another is a dot, you should yell, " **** is a dot!"

I was a dot, and made a fatal gap in my logic during my talk, but surprisingly, I wasn't voted out of my group. (Though our group was the only group with two dots...gah! Elton!) My fatal mistake is saying, "there might be no non-dots at all." I think the logic is simple enough. A non-dot can easily identify me, a dot, as I would be more likely to say that there are potentially no dotted person at all than what I said. Amy knew I was a Dot (as to Arnaud and Chris Suen because of my inability to lie) from this flaw, yet she didn't rally people to kick me out.

I think there are more than just looking at others to decide whether he or she is lying. In my case, there's a sense of kinship between me and Amy, thus the reason why she wasn't very strong in her persuasion in me being a dot. We also formed groups of our own friends. Aaah, I should've been trying more to kick Elton out...then I wouldn't have lost (we're the only group who lost). ^^;; He was being himself, which is suspicious...o___O;; <-- weird logic.

I think I really learned that other's opinions shouldn't interfere in my own thinking, as demonstrated in us mistakenly thinking Jared Abbott, Jason Ng, and a little convinced that BT (Brian Tam) are dots. If one's a dot, they won't be so easily tossed around and shown, wouldn't they? The non-dots ARE the ones with no evidence or motive...which keeps them unconvincing in other's eyes. Being innocent is tough.

Me being a dot probably made me more suspicious of potential dots also. I think the non-dots, because they must unite to win, tend to be more trusting than the non-dots, who must see everyone else as their enemy, including their own kind.

By the way, this is to experience the Communist fear in the Cold War.


McGlashan: So how did you pick out the Dots?
Dazin: I basically convinced myself convinced myself that I was not a dot.
McGlashan: (ROFLMAO for 5 minutes)

LoL. yes, the conversation went somewhat like that. If anyone remembers, bling me over the email or comment.

EDIT 22:57: minor change in quote, added MAO behind ROFL, LoL! Thanks Amy!

2 comments:

  1. Ee, sou naa?

    (i don't even know if that actually makes sense. i'm guessing. Basically, Yeah, that's true, huh?)

    Teehee. Elton was being himself... Quiet.

    Yeah, i agreed with that later, that the blank ones would more likely be accused than the dots. Dots would have to be pretty clever and somewhat urgent in order not to be accused...

    That's pretty much how it went. Only i seem to remember it as "I basically [or maybe it was 'pretty much'.. i forget, too] convinced myself that I was not a dot." AND no kidding -- Mr. McGlashan was seriously doing the whole ROFLMAO type thing, hahaha. :)

    [/Kitsune]

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun game, but lots of people are shunned just because people don't like them, and this gives them an excuse. I suppose that's in line with historical events, though.

    ReplyDelete