13 October 2004

NARUTO Chapter 235 & Episode 104

I am supposedly be working on either my vignette for English or my Open Project for Bio. But ever since I saw the raw NARUTO episode 104, I felt like I would burst if I don't rant about it...also because I have decided to use this as a warm up to my vignette.

There is a new opening and ending song in NARUTO, marking it the start of the fourth season. Honestly, just to get it out of the way, I don't like the ending. Even more so than Ryuusei. While 流星(Ryuusei) seems unfit to be in NARUTO, the new ending for NARUTO, "Mountain A Go Go Two" by Captin Stridum just came with bad visuals. The colors used are completely unplesant to the eyes, the whole thing is pretty much panning several unmoving cells in outline...well, I'm exagerating. I actually thought the colors and effects where pretty cool. It seems Bleach-ish though o___O;; But the one thing that bothers me the most are all those fully colored Naruto heads. The few seconds of Naruto heads zooming by seems like minutes, as I cringe and frown at each head. I despise those five seconds...! (eh, you'll get used to it...)

Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts...

The producers of the new opening, "Seishun Kyousou Kyoku" By Sambo Master, has definately read chapter 234. It practically juts out to poke you in the head, screaming 234. 青春狂想曲(Seishun Kyousou Kyoku) literally means, "Crazy Youth Song", which I gaped at when I first noticed the title. It's another energetic song, but less hyper than Go!!! (I seem to be swallowing my own words a lot lately) I also love the opening itself. Oh the symbolism (and spoilers)! Kyaa~it's...it's...it's like...超サスナル (Chou* SasuNaru). But even the manga has been giving off such vibes lately, so it can't be helped (heart) <--(oi.) Ah, so the brief fight scenes are very nice. More action-ish (+), but less cute(-). I adore the part with Sasuke picking up the headband~~ Orochimaru swishing his hair is a bit disturbing though, isn't it? (Despite the fact that he already use female speech pattern?)

超サスナル。超、超サスナルだ!

[Please ignore the next paragraph...it's a rant of my fangirl from within.]

Honestly I'm a tad upset about the excessive NaruSaku in the filler episode, especially this episode. I know that Naruto's supposed to like Sakura, but it seems a bit forced. I honestly believe that they teamwork should be much better and that Sasuke is just plain cruel for leaving Sakura behind. As we know from the start of the Mist Country arc, Sasuke won't leave Sakura behind, as much as she hovers over Sasuke like a fly. But somehow, in my twisted logic of a fangirl, that just promotes SasuNaru more. Sasuke goes to rescue Naruto first, but leaves a fainted Sakura behind in the water? To me, that seems very forced. Sasuke just oozes trust and understanding of Naruto when he stops Sakura from interrupting Naruto chastising Idate. And do you see Sasuke's expression when Naruto ran on the water to save Sakura? It was jealousy, whether from Naruto being stronger and/or caring so much about Sakura. I think my mind is very much tainted by SasuNaru-ness...Yay! (?) Corruption!

Alright. Chapter 235.
Very cool, it was. This chapter concludes the mission, and various team members are being treated. A huge introduction to the medic-nins, I guess. Their methods are awsome too. Since the Sasuke-Naruto fight has been pretty much concluded [as Naruto will need a few day's bed rest at most], the focus shifts to the rest of the team. Hey, is that Neji with his hair cut short? =D So the women we were introduced earlier in the Inuzaka Clan is not Kiba's Mother, as I had first thought, but his Older sister. The last part of the chapter focused on Shikamaru. In nine pages, we got to know Shikamaru better than the Genius Slacker Kishimoto seems to have labeled him as. The pressure and responsibility that he had kept in check finally breaks upon him, revealing the inexperienced boy he is. Neither IQ or EQ matters. In fact, he has kept his worries well within himself, only to break upon Tsunade's words. His father and Temari were no use, dammit! Only Tsunade understood Shikamaru's pressure, and by contrasting that to his father's and Temari's harsh accusations, Kishimoto builds an even stronger Hokage image for Tsunade-Hime. (Temari~ Don't be so mean to Shika-kun! It's either you or Ino!!) <--(Just ignore PC.)

Ehh..it's now 11:32...dammit.



「次こそは...完璧にこなしてみせます...!」'Tsugi koso wa...Kanpeki ni nonashite misemasu!'
'Next time, I'll do it perfectly for sure...!' Nara, Shikamaru - NARUTO ch235

1 comment: