22 October 2004

NARUTO Chapter 236

Yay! Three cheers for Sakura for deciding to be less useless! But Sakura's decision was expected—after all, Team 7 walks the step of the Sannins, whether Kishimoto meant it to be so or not. Which reminds me of the anime. In episode 103 or 102, Sakura ripped up the mast of the ship and swung it around—horribly similar to Tsunade. Gah! They're even starting to look similar!

Urm, Sakura hesitation to enter Naruto's hospital room is bothering me. But then again, Sakura's unforced smile in promise to bring back Sasuke together with Naruto probably makes up for it.

In 234, the word 「必死」(hisshi) was repeatedly used, and Inane translated it as 'inevitable death,' which makes complete sense in this chapter. Looking up the definition for this word, I realize that it's a mistranslation: Hisshi, while literally means 'inevitable death', means 'inevitable result' only in what I suspect as spoken language. Using this same definition in 236 makes much more sense.

ARGH! Tsunade and Sakura are looking too much alike! Though Kishimoto seems to draw female eyes the same, at least they look cute now~



「私は...泣きついただけ...アナタに頼って、すがりついただけ...自分じゃ何も...」 'Watashi wa...nakitsuita dake...anata ni tayotte, sugaritsuita dake...jibun ja nani mo...'
'I...only begged in tears, relying and clinging on to you...and did nothing myself...' - Haruno, Sakura : NARUTO Chapter 236

csrjjsmp: It's not that Naruto's head is unnaturally large that bothers me, it's that his head-body proportion is freakishly large comparing to Idate. O____O;; How do I get my weekly NARUTO fix so early? I watch the raws, just to try to see if I can pick up the meaning of some Japanese...Ah, and I know they're out from checking NarutoFan.com

1 comment:

  1. If they are supposed to be like the sannin, Naruto will never acheive his goal of becoming hokage, but will instead decline it and it will fall to Sakura? For some reason, I don't see that happening.

    And I think Sakura accomplished some feats of superhuman strength before. Usually when her repressed inner self was in control.

    ReplyDelete