03 April 2004

One exciting thing today is that Larry got his hair sprayed RED and SPIKED it. He looked like a punk, LoL. That picture, is priceless. I'll put a picture somewhere as soon as they're uploaded onto e-Groups or something. So did George... XD The only people who didn't get their hair colored today were Arnie, Tyler, Leibs, the mentors...and I think that's it. We got a little on Jeff, though he didn't want to and tried killing Yu-Loung.

Aw. This morning we lost both of our matches and dropped from 3rd to 7th place, but we still got to choose teams in the elimination rounds. Then we lost to Cheesypoofs in semi-finals. Cheesypoofs are really good, though their students didn't build their robot...but that just makes us prouder that WE, a student-design/run/build/organize team, got very close to winning. [By the way, Cheesypoofs won] Their system is just about perfect: good grabbing system, ball herding, AND a good hanging. One of their faults is that when they have the big ball right on top of them, they can tip over easily. Also, I didn't really notice anything spectacular about their pushing...but that can be fixed w/ their 3-gear transmission. Most of the teams have nice designs; it's suprising how different/similar they all look. I especially like 814, the New Tech High, who has wheels that can go up and down to climb stairs and to lift itself off the ground.

I've never been happier, more excited, and had as much fun in my life than since I started robotics [this sentence sounds funny], and I'm really proud of ART. =) People there were funny; they were dancin'. It was scary when they played the YMCA song though, because there were so many people doing that at the same time...even the judges...The Spirit Squad didn't show up either. They were supposed to, I believe.

EDIT [10:00:00]: Thank yous for Teams 473 & 687 for being our alliance partners. They were awsome XD Also congrats on Spartan [954], Cheesy Poofs [254], and Athenian [852] on winning, Woodside [100]'s team on getting to the finals.
To 840: What can we complain about? Cheesy Poofs chose to use the 'human resources' that they had, while some of us didn't. It's our own choice, and we're proud of that, ne?





'my homework ate my dog' - The Monta Vista Mustangs, Team 1458 Pin

Music:
none; I'm too noise ridden these three days to listen to any music.

No comments:

Post a Comment